Saturday, April 25, 2009

Pinewood Derby





Nate and Seth worked so very hard on Seth's pinewood derby car. (Nate is too old now to participate). It was so special to see them work so hard together and I think the car turned out so fabulous. He won 3rd place out of 15 boys and got a nice trophy. He was so proud. Noah brought Nate's old car and won the sibling race with it.

Today we all sat outside in the sun, the boys painting and Scott studying with me helping him. Seth painted a birdhouse that he made at Lowe's for one of his scout requirements. It turned out so darling. Scott wanted some shade so he tried to open the patio umbrella and a nest fell down with some brand new little tiny birdies. We had a time putting the nest back up in there and placing the birds back in the nest. Here is a darling shot of one of the birds that Nate took with my camera. Hopefully the mama bird forgives us our folly.

4 comments:

belann said...

Yea for Seth (and Nate)!!! Good to see pictures. Any news from the boys sister?

Deja said...

Tell Sethers I said Wahoooo!

And poor baby birdies. I hope they're okay.

Anonymous said...

Tell Seth congrats! I think I got 3rd one year too. It was pretty cool. Sweet lookin car.

Amara said...

too bad you couldn't shove the nest into the new bird house. That would have been efficient. Congratulations Seth!